- WHO WE ARE
In order to use the Website, we collect certain personal information, such as information provided by you, and the information generated in the course of using the Website. Below you will find more information about the personal data we collect, process and store about you.
When you , you may provide us with the following information needed for the fulfilment of your order:
- Order and payment details;
- contact details, including phone number and e-mail address;
- first name;
- last name; and
We need this information to process your order via our Website. We will inform you where information is not mandatory for the fulfilment of your order.
If you use the ‘Subscribe’ button on our Website we will collect your name and e-mail address to subscribe you to our newsletters and updates. You can always unsubscribe from these messages by following the instructions in these e-mails.
You can also contact us via e-mail and using the contact details listed on various parts of our Website. If you contact us, we may collect your name, email address, and any other information you provide us which we need to be of further assistance and communicate with you. We keep these conversations for up to 5 years.
If you are one of our corporate customers, suppliers or prospects, we may process limited personal data in the course of our business relation with you, for example when you place an order with us or vice versa. Such personal data may include your company, name and title, e-mail address, telephone number, address, order details, and where applicable, credit registrations and credit limits.
When you use our Website we collect some hardware and software information (such as IP address, model, language settings, crashes and operating system) about the device you are using to access the Website. This information is processed to ensure the proper functioning of the Website and to optimize (your user experience of) the Website.
To measure the success of our Website and to further improve the Website, we also keep aggregated statistics on clicks, views and general use of the Website, as well as statistics related to sales and promotions on the Website. This information is aggregated and cannot be traced back to our visitors.
- If you have given us your consent, we will process your contact details to notify you of promotions and offers (for example by sending you newsletters messages in the Website).
- If you participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information you provide for registration or participation. Such participation is entirely voluntary.
We have already described a number of purposes for which we use your personal data. For the sake of completeness, the following is a list of all the different purposes and on what basis we do this.
- To fulfil your order;
- To allow you to participate in contests or other promotions;
- To communicate with you and answer your request if you contact us;
- To offer you (if you have given your permission) relevant newsletters and commercial messages;
- To improve the Website and possibly develop new services or applications (g. adapting certain functionalities based on feedback and/or user behaviour);
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud or other illegal or unauthorised activities (e.g. analysing uses to prevent or address misconduct or other fraudulent activities);
- To comply with our legal obligations (g. for tax or similar obligations).
In order to process your information for the purposes described above, we rely on the following legal principles:
- To fulfil a contract we enter into with you: For example, when you place an order with us, and when you participate in a competition organised by us.
- To protect the legitimate interests of E-Trailer or other third parties (not overriding your interests and fundamental rights): In the event of fraudulent use of the Website, but also in the context of improving and protecting the Website, for investigating complaints and answering questions (raised by you).
- To comply with legal obligation(s): In the context of tax obligations or where E-Trailer is obliged to respond to enforcement requests.
- With your permission: For example, when we want to send you further promotions or offers. When we ask for your consent, we will clarify the purpose at that time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details further below.
In order to offer you the Website, your personal information will be shared with third parties whom we engage to assist us in running and offering the Website.
With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us run and improve the Website. These third parties assist us with a variety of tasks including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer service, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security activities.
We may also share information with partners who distribute advertisements and help us advertise the Website. For example, we may share limited information about you in broken-down, non-human-readable form with advertising partners.
We follow a strict screening before hiring a service provider or working with a partner. All our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
Personal data collected for the purposes of the Website will be processed exclusively within the European Economic Area (“EEA“).
Under applicable privacy and data protection laws, you have a number of rights that you can invoke (in whole or in part). You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict the processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to pass (transfer) this data to another data controller. In some cases, you may also object to the processing of your personal data (especially if we do not need to process the data in order to comply with a contractual or legal requirement, or if we use the data for commercial communications).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would disclose personal information about another person, if it would violate the rights of a third party (including our rights), or if you ask us to delete information that we are required to keep by law or where we have compelling legitimate interests in keeping it. When we respond to a request you have made, we will, of course, inform you of the relevant (legal) waivers that we rely on for that particular request.
In order to exercise your rights, or to obtain other information, please contact us. Please note that for your own protection, or the protection of other users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can respond to a request submitted.
If you have (further) unresolved issues, you have the right to complain at any time to the data protection supervisory authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach has occurred.
If you would like to know more about how we process personal data, if you are concerned about how we process your data, or if you would like to unsubscribe from direct marketing, you can do so:
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- write to: E-TRAILER B.V., Treubstraat 27, 2288 EH, Rijswijk.
As previously indicated, before we can provide you with information or correct possible errors, we may ask you to confirm your identity and/or provide us with additional information so that we can comply with your request.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the personal data we process about you from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and to processing your personal data in accordance with privacy and data protection laws.
We regularly monitor our systems for potential vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our procedures for collecting, storing and processing information to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures. While we take every precaution to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your personal information, chats and other communications will always be secure.
We disclaim any representation or warranty, express or implied, relating to any breach of security, damage to your device or any loss or unauthorized use of your order data or other data.
We only retain personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes (as set out in paragraph 4) and as prescribed and permitted by law. For example, fiscal legislation requires us to keep data related to your order for seven years.
Our starting point is that we will delete or anonymise your data (i) one year after deletion of your account or (ii) after four years of continuous inactivity. Exceptions to this are if:
- we need to retain the data longer to demonstrate compliance with applicable law (e.g., records of consents to our terms, and other similar consents are retained for five years);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute that requires us to retain the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information is retained for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and improving user safety and security. For example, information may need to be retained to prevent a user who has been banned because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account.